How To Join
Before joining CMAC you need to be aware of the costs and benefits of membership.
- contact with a broad group of experienced aeromodellers
- use of a safe and secure flying field
- automatic affiliation with Model Aircraft Association of Australia
- immediate accident insurance coverage
- availability of accredited Instructors and a standard Training Program
- one-time joining fee - $50 for seniors
- annual membership subscription fee, including MAAA affiliation and insurance - $218 for seniors
- travel costs to and from the flying field
- cost of a radio-controlled model trainer aircraft and consumables
To apply for CMAC membership, please follow these steps:
- Download and print the membership form
- Determine your Membership Grade (Senior, Junior or Associate) and the appropriate New Membership Fee
(total of one-time Joining Fee plus first year's Annual Membership Fee)
- Fill in the appropriate Membership Application Form and sign it
- Either email the completed Membership Application form to
or Post the completed Membership Application Form plus New Membership Fee payment (*) to CMAC Member Registrar, PO Box 932, Fyshwick ACT 2609
(*)Your New Membership Fee payment can be in the form of a Cheque payable to CMAC or an EFT Transfer Receipt.
If using EFT please include the following information in your online Transfer Money form:
Account Name: Canberra Model Aircraft Club Inc
- BSB / Account Number: 06 2904 / 00901193
- To Account Description: Your Name (maximum 18 characters)
When your membership application is accepted and the New Membership Fee payment confirmed, you will receive an e-mail receipt,
and your new MAAA Membership Card will be posted to you.
You will also be provided with the access code required to open the combination locks on the CMAC field access gate and the CMAC club house door.